SMR & Online Child Protection eTraining
CVA is always seeking to extend the list of benefits we offer members and so, are excited that we have retained the services of Safe Ministry Resources (SMR) from August 2017. SMR are specialists in the field of Child Protection and because this is their primary area of operation, they are able to keep abreast of the latest changes to legislation & best practice.
SMR will be providing the following services to CVA and individual organisational members -
- Access to a specific, suitably trained & experienced Safe Ministry Advisor who will be available as & when required.
- The availability of a Toll Free National Helpline ( Phone: 1800 070 511 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ), for general Safe Ministry advice in relation to policy, procedure, implementation, reporting & practice and responding to risk of harm or abuse concerns. This facility is available Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm AEST, excluding NSW public holidays. To utilise this service, simply ring & identify which CVA member organisation you are associated with.
- Through CVA, SMR will make available up-to-date sample policy & procedure documents to members (see Child Protection & Safety in the Members Area).
- Make available Safe Ministry (including Child Protection) Manuals & associated resources for training at the maximum discounted rate.
- Make SMR's online training available to members (see below).
- SMR will provide CVA with limited face-to-face services throughout 2018 are being used for member training purposes.
- Discounted review services on an individual organisation's Child Protection documents.
As part of our relationship, SMR has made their online Safe Ministry eTraining Course available to members - it has been customised for the Christian camping environment.
The cost of the course is $30 and is paid as a part of the enrolment process.