Spirit of Sharing Awards
There will be three Awards presented at Connect16, the Christian Venues Association National Conference in 2016. They will be awarded to individuals in the following categories:-
- Youth (under 25 at 1st August in the year of presentation)
The top three nominees in each category will be provided with subsidised Conference Fees to encourage their presence at the Award Presentations.
The Panel will consist of an independent (external) Chair, two Members of the Association, a Board Member and the CEO.
All Nominations need to be made ONLINE
Who can nominate and be nominated?
Any Christian Venues Association Member or their employees, Associate Members and volunteers can nominate or be nominated. Nominations will not be accepted for current serving members of the Board of the Association.
What is supporting documentation?
- Personal References and Recommendations
- Multimedia Presentations
- Supervisors Commendations
- Newspaper/Magazine Articles
- Anything else that will support the nomination
What will assist my nomination?
- Provide supporting information about the achievements of the person you are nominating – limiting the nomination to a maximum of 1,500 words and/or four minutes of multimedia.
- Fill out as much of the form as possible, put n/a if not applicable and to show your consideration of the question.
- Include a birth date if nominating for the Youth Category.
- Include supporting documentation with your nomination.
- Please include the name and details of a referee. A referee is someone who is also aware of the nominee’s achievements and will be able to provide additional information if required.
- Do not nominate the same person more than once.
- The nomination form asks you to tell us about your nominee, especially how are they valuable to their ministry. Points to consider include:-
- The attitude and commitment of the person.
- How their achievement/service has been greater than what might be normally expected of a person in their field. Focus on both the quality and quantity of their achievement/service.
- How much of their work has been focused on helping others?
- Has the person overcome particular challenges or adversities to make their contribution?
- How has the nominee shown achievement/service outside their particular specialty? For example, involvement in aspects of the ministry outside their specific area.
- How does the person nominated make you proud to be a fellow worker? Is your view shared by others in their ministry? If so, who?
- What personal qualities make the person inspirational?
- Will others in the Association be inspired to emulate their commitment?
- Provide examples to support your statements.
- Spirit of Sharing Award - Volunteer
- Spirit of Sharing Award - Youth (under 25 years of age at 1 August of the year of the awards)
- Spirit of Sharing Award - Open
How will the selections be made?
The specific selection criteria are:
- Demonstrated commitment in their field.
- Significant contribution to the ministry – even when not “out-front”.
The Selection panel will consider the following in assessing and comparing nominations against the selection criteria:
- Nominee’s contribution to their area of work (how has the nominee 'put back' into their field to benefit others)
- Demonstrated leadership and/or innovation and/or creativity
- Contribution to the development of broader Christian ministry
- Sacrifices they have made
- Voluntary work beyond their paid employment
- The nature and length of the activity or service
- Achievements as an individual and as part of a group or organisation.
- Current Members of the Board of Christian Venues Association are excluded from consideration
- A recipient cannot receive more than one award in the same year
- An award will not be given more than once in recognition of the same work
- Self nomination is not permitted.
- All nominees will be considered for the Open Category
- Nominees aged 18 to 25 years on August 1st of the year of the award will be considered for the Youth Category
- Volunteers (receiving no payment from their organisation) will be considered for the Volunteer Category.
How are the recipients selected?
When will the National Awards be presented?