Support for SOSA Nominations
What is supporting documentation?
Supporting documentation can include (but is not limited to):
- Personal References and Recommendations
- Multimedia Presentations
- Supervisors Commendations
- Newspaper/Magazine Articles
- Anything else that will support the nomination
What will assist my nomination?
- Provide supporting information about the achievements of the person you are nominating – limiting the nomination to a maximum of 1,500 words and/or four minutes of multimedia.
- Fill out as much of the form as possible, put n/a if not applicable and to show your consideration of the question.
- Include a birth date if nominating for the Youth Category.
- Include supporting documentation with your nomination.
- Please include the name and details of a referee. A referee is someone who is also aware of the nominee’s achievements and will be able to provide additional information if required.
- Do not nominate the same person more than once.
The nomination form asks you to tell us about your nominee, especially how are they valuable to their ministry. Points to consider include:-
- The attitude and commitment of the person.
- How their achievement/service has been greater than what might be normally expected of a person in their field. Focus on both the quality and quantity of their achievement/service.
- How much of their work has been focused on helping others?
- Has the person overcome particular challenges or adversities to make their contribution?
- How has the nominee shown achievement/service outside their particular specialty? For example, involvement in aspects of the ministry outside their specific area.
- How does the person nominated make you proud to be a fellow worker? Is your view shared by others in their ministry? If so, who?
- What personal qualities make the person inspirational?
- Will others in the Association be inspired to emulate their commitment?
- Provide examples to support your statements.