SOSA Selection Information
The Selection Panel
Selection will be by a five-person panel meeting in confidence. The panel will consist of an independent (external) Chair, two Members of the Association, a Board Member & the CEO.
How will the selections be made?
The nomination is assessed on the selection criteria. In choosing the recipients of the Spirit of Sharing Awards, the nominee's achievements as well as ongoing contribution to their ministry will be considered.
The specific selection criteria are:
- Demonstrated commitment in their field.
- Significant contribution to the ministry – even when not “out-front”.
The Selection panel will consider the following in assessing and comparing nominations against the selection criteria:
- Nominee’s contribution to their area of work (how has the nominee 'put back' into their field to benefit others)
- Demonstrated leadership and/or innovation and/or creativity
- Contribution to the development of broader Christian ministry
- Sacrifices they have made
- Voluntary work beyond their paid employment
- The nature and length of the activity or service
- Achievements as an individual and as part of a group or organisation.