CVA Statement Of Faith and Code of Conduct
The following Statement of Faith is subscribed to by the worldwide alliance of associations - Christian Camping International
Christian Venues Association
We believe in:
- the Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct;
- the triune God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His substitutionary atonement for sin, His bodily resurrection and His personal, visible return to earth to reign in righteousness and glory;
- the person of the Holy Spirit and His work of conviction, regeneration and sanctification, who indwells every believer equipping them with gifts for service and witness;
- the necessity of new birth, in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone and the importance of a life fully committed to the will of God in Christ;
- the church as the one universal body of Christ who is the Head, called to be God's redeemed people.
We'd like you to become a part of this unique organisation, but want to emphasise that membership is about responsibility and giving as well as receiving.
CODE OF CONDUCT
These guidelines recognise the diversity of member's ministries and seek to help members apply God's word to the effective modelling of the Christian life through Christian camping ministry.
1. Using our campsites, conference centres and/or programmes for furthering the Christian gospel and extending the Kingdom of God.
2. Encouraging biblical morals and conduct.
3. Training staff and volunteers to use their gifts and abilities to maximise ministry opportunities and quality of service.
4. Conducting staff and volunteer relations, external relations with government, industry organisations, suppliers and customers with integrity and justice.
5. Taking every precaution to ensure the safety and well-being of guests, staff and volunteers.
6. Providing an environment which discourages irresponsible or excessive use of alcohol or any use of illegal drugs.
7. Protecting and conserving the natural environment.
8. Accurately portraying the facilities and programmes available.
Members are responsible to God and each other, to interpret and apply these guidelines to each situation in the light of scripture. In any situation requiring action based on the Code of Conduct, counsel and support be offered in accordance with Biblical principles by:
(i) making pastoral contact
(ii) visit(s) by peers appointed by the Regional Committee or the Board of Christian Venues as required.