CVA supports the use of accreditation programs to assist members continually improve their standards - NARTA is recommended by CVA.
What is the National Accommodation, Recreation & Tourism Accreditation Program (NARTA)?
NARTA provides a process for recognition of compliance with relevant legal operational requirements.
- This is accomplished through desk and workplace audits.
- Ongoing regular review in line with changing community attitudes and legislative changes.
- NARTA meets the accreditation requirements where accreditation is mandatory for camps.
- This program is provided in response to requests from within the industry.
The NARTA Inc. Accreditation Program is endorsed, recommended or accepted as an appropriate accreditation methodology by:-
Outdoor Recreation Industry Council of NSW
Christian Venues Association
DECD, South Australia
Department of Education Tasmania
National Parks and Wildlife NSW
NSW Maritime Authority
The Salvation Army in Australia
The Baptist Union of Australia
Wesleyan Methodist Church of Australia
Antiochian Orthodox Church
Click here for Why NARTA?
Accreditation of a supplier is not necessarily a requirement of these organisations, however they all recoginse the value in assuring the appropriateness of facilities and services to their members or students and have indicated that in their opinion NARTA is one such methodology.
Education Departments that do not recommend or endorse any particular providers as schools make their own decisions include:
- Department of Education, Western Australia, which acknowledges “that schools would respond favourable towards those organisations that have gained NARTA accreditation”.
- NSW Department of Education.
- Department of Education, Queensland.